Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One of Those Days

I don't often have really bad days, this happens to have been one of them.

It began with the drive to work, one block from the parking lot a car pulled out of an alley and almost ran into me. I swerved and slammed on my breaks and avoided being hit. My adrenaline was pumping.

I parked, walked towards the door. I looked in and from outside, I could see an employee waiting outside of my door. So before I even had my coat and hat off, I was answering the first complaint of the day.

I finally took my coat off, and I had another employee on the phone, upset over a large payroll adjustment that had been deducted from her check. I had the explanation as to why it took place but she wasn't having it. She finally decided she was finished listening to me and hung up.

I had another employee who two weeks ago had an issue with his benefits back in my office because he still had an issue with his benefits. We resolve benefits issues by emailing our corporate office and waiting for an answer. This wasn't good enough for him, and he came back with his manager so the both of them could question me about it. Fine, the issue was valid and I was making every effort to fix it but at that point I didn't need it.

Then I had to deal with trying to fix an issue with two employees that were terminated who needed to be returned to active status, one month ago. This matter was turned over to another department at corporate.

Just because I didn't have the energy or the mind-set to do anything else in the office, I spent the day filing, my most hated task. So hated I do it once or twice a year. Today just seemed like one of those days to start on it. One cabinet is done, one to go.

It was a day from hell at work, I earned my money today.

With all that being said, I have to remind myself that I don't live in Haiti. The worst of my problems don't even compare to the least of their problems.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

2 comments:

Dan said...

was it better?

Jimbo said...

No, the entire week sucked!!