Sunday, March 27, 2011

Glitter shows up in the most unusual places...

The other day I was at the gym. I've been going regularly to try to tone up a bit for summer. I'm never going to be svelte or have a buff body, but if I can minimize my belly and maybe firm up my chest so I don't have middle-age moobs, I'm going to certainly try. Anyway, I finished a decent workout and decided to sit in the sauna for a few minutes. It was kind of crowded that night but there was a seat on one of the benches so I was happy. I looked down and happened to focus on the foot of the guy sitting next to me. A rather attractive European guy speaking with his friend in some Slovic sounding language. On his foot was one fleck of bright red glitter. It was a really small speck actually. Not the big, cheap glitter, but very fine, like the Martha Stewart stuff. But it got me wondering, how did it get there? That's a rather odd place for glitter to appear. I glanced carefully (so as not to be noticed) at the other foot and his legs, to see if there was more. There wasn't. I wasn't convinced that there wasn't more glitter on him somewhere so I carefully looked at his upper body as he was shirtless. No glitter on his back. None on his front, none on his nipples (where had there been glitter I would have had to contain laugher and applause), none on his face. Thankfully he and his friend were engrossed in conversation (perhaps about glitter) and didn't notice my glitter inspection. I then decided that perhaps the fleck of glitter came from his friend, so I looked at him, carefully, to see if he had any on him. Not that I could tell. Mind you, both had on shorts so there were parts that may have been covered in glitter that I could not see. What was the source? Is he a crafter and had he been glittering things for Easter? If so, he was using the wrong color, he should have been glittering in pastels. Maybe he kicked a drag queen. If so, then shame on him, I hope she kicked back. A stilletto can do a lot of damage. Maybe it was a random drive-by glittering, but was he the glitterer or the glitteree? Perhaps he's a Mariah Carey fan.

2 comments:

Mind Of Mine said...

Maybe he had been wearing Dorothy's slippers?

MusicFan said...

Thank you for tying it all together with a mariah reference! It was just the fun pay-off I was looking for. The mere fact that you used the word "Glitter" in the title prompted me to read this today. :)