Monday, August 30, 2010

Sniffle

I know, not the most exciting topic to come back with but that's what I've been doing on and off for the past four days.

A week ago, my throat was scratchy. I didn't feel sick, just annoyed by a scratchy throat. I didn't let it slow me down though. One night I had coffee with my friend Jim who was visiting from Wyoming (or Montana or some wilderness state...some place where chickens come knocking on his front door but that's a different story). The next night was dinner and theatre with Dan, Luis, Polo, Denise and Tina, then the next night was dinner with my pal Debbie who works for the same company and was in Chicago doing some training and education at our buildings. Each night was a delightful time. Well Thursday was laundry night and by the time it came time to do laundry, I just wanted to crawl into bed. I didn't though, I toughed it out and got my chores done, then I came home and went right to bed. I called off work on Friday. I just felt icky. My head was congested and I was tired. It never felt like I had a cold, though. It seemed more like allergies.

Case in point, Saturday morning I got up and felt great. I went shopping and had lunch with a new friend. Afterwards we hung out for a while. I did decline the opportunity to go out that night with him, deciding to err on the side of caution and just rest. Well at about 9, the flood gates broke and I was sneezing and sniffling and coughing. Sunday, most of the water works stopped but I was still stuffy.

Today at work I felt OK...not great but well enough to go to work and be productive. I'm still not convinced it's a cold, because of the on and off pattern. For my friend's sake I hope it's not a cold. That's all I'm saying. :)

I just took a couple Benadryl tablets. I'm sure I'll be asleep shortly.

Really exciting post, huh? Well at least it's not another "Dancing With the Stars" post. OH WAIT....

No comments: