Wednesday, April 23, 2008

That Stranger on the Street

File Under: Curiosities

Today I was traveling from my Lakeshore office to my Central office. I don't do this every day, only a couple times every two weeks. This morning's trip was at about 9:30. I'm a people watcher so if I'm at an intersection, I'll look around and if there's someone attractive on the corner, I'll stare a bit. So I got to thinking, what if the person I'm glancing at were "the one," but thanks to timing and circumstances, the closest we'll ever come to meeting is that short period of time in traffic, which really isn't much of a meeting.

Driving isn't the only place this happens, it could be anywhere, really. Glance out the window while folding clothes at the laundromat and someone walks by. Your eyes meet and as quick as a blink, it's over. Walk into a department store and make eyes at someone in the shoe department. Okay, that last one presents the opportunity to actually initiate more contact than just the fleeting glance but that's just an example.

They say that someone's out there for everybody, just makes you wonder how many met under unusual circumstances, such as a glance in traffic or at the laundromat.

Do you have a story to share?

No comments: