Friday, June 12, 2009

Bits-n-Pieces

File Under: Stuff

Sorry I've been out of touch this week...really hasn't been much to report. This was an ordinary week save for my minor lower GI episode on Wednesday. By Thursday I was pretty much better, today I feel fine. :)

This weekend in Chicago, in my neighborhood in fact is a very fun 2-day street festival called Midsommarfest. I live in Andersonville, a neighborhood in Chicago whose early settlers were predominantly Swedish. The neighborhood has a number of Swedish businesses and has a museum, too. The King of Sweden visited a few years ago. I missed him, I was at work. Anyway, the street festival is about 5 blocks long, has 5 stages, lots of vendor booths, lots of food and lots of opportunities to drink and be social. It looks like this is going to be one of our cooler events, as the high temperature tomorrow is supposed to be barely 70. Sunday's high is supposed to be a few degrees warmer. We will see... Regardless we all manage to have a great time. I posted many pictures from last year's event in last year's entry about the event. I'll have my camera with me and I promise you more pictures.

Those of you in the New York City area may want to head on over to Prospect Park for Brooklyn's Pride event. There, you'll find The Big Gay Ice Cream Truck. Doug and co. will be there tomorrow serving up treats for kids of all ages. If you go, tell Doug that Jim from Chicago sent you!

That's all I've got for now. It's been a slow week. I promise more lively posts next week. In the mean time, thanks for reading and be sure to check back!

xo

Jim

No comments: