Monday, December 20, 2010

The real meaning of Christmas

I know this isn't just a Christmas season thing, but in this time of giving and receiving gifts and waiting in long lines at stores to buy stuff, sometimes the things on which you can't place a price tag are the most valuable presents one can receive.

My friends are aware of my current situation. If you've read my previous posts, you are too, but if you're new here and have yet to scroll backwards, here's the short version of the story. Boy meets boy, they have a great 4 month romance. Boy informs boy that he's taken a job in California, leaving boy feeling crushed inside, but boy also understands the need for boy to take this opportunity so there's not much he can say. Boy and boy are currently together until boy leaves town, somewhere around the first half of next month.

Knowing my situation, my friends have been nothing but sweet and supportive and are promising me many fun times ahead. I think my weekend calendar for the entire month of January may be booked thanks to kind offers from Dan, Steve, Vahona and Sonny, among others. I'm feeling the love and I want them to know how much I appreciate it. I'm lucky to have them in my life.

No comments: