Wednesday, February 20, 2008

OVER IT!

File Under: How much more can I take?

I'm not a fan of winter but I tolerate it because it can be pretty and I live in what I consider to be a really amazing city so when it's not winter, Chicago is lots of fun. It's the midwest so we have seasons. Summers can be sizzling hot, winters can be cold and snowy. This one has been particularly cold and snowy. The past few winters have been relatively mild, and without a lot of snow. We've had more than our share of both extremes and I have to say that I AM OVER IT. When it snows, people are assholes when it comes to parking. They are inconsiderate about the space they leave between the car in front or behind them, thus hogging two spaces. People don't clean their sidewalks. I rent and I get out and shovel my sidewalk. It's not even my property. Another neighbor in the building shovels too but the rest of them do NOTHING. And let's not ignore the fact that it's fucking cold. Tonight's low is -2. When it's that cold, I just ache. I'm tired of being sore and cranky. I want it to end!!

Okay, enough ranting. I'm going to change out of my fleece hoodie and jeans and put on my flannel pajamas, then crawl into bed under 3 blankets.

No comments: