Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday

File Under: VOTE!

Today is "Super Tuesday." 24 states are having primaries or caucuses to elect a Democrat and a Republican candidate for President of the United States. I was out the door at 6:45 this morning, casting my ballot for Hillary. While it's evident that Senator Obama will win in Illinois (he's already been projected as the winner), it was important to go and vote so that she would get a share of delegates. GO HILLARY!

In other "Super Tuesday" news, Chicago is under a Winter Storm Warning. Depending upon which forecaster one listens to, the city and surrounding areas to the north and west could be blanked under anywhere from 4 - 15 inches of snow. FUCK! My approach to weather is this; I listen to multiple forecasts and pick the one I like best. Tonight's winning forecast was told by Jerry Taft on Channel 7. His forecast sounded most favorable for the city, 4-5 inches. I can deal with 4-5 inches. I'm no size queen, I'm fine with an inch or less. Snow really hasn't begun falling as of this writing. I guess we'll just have to see how much is on the ground when I wake up tomorrow morning.

No comments: