Monday, December 10, 2007

Ice Ice Baby

File Under: OUCH

Tonight we're on the eve of our third ice storm/freezing rain event in the past 2 weeks. I'm tired of this. I would rather just deal with snow. I don't do well on ice. Case in point, we had ice on Saturday. It wasn't too bad, I've seen worse. Cars were getting down my street which is a sign that it's not bad because I live on a side street so even without having been salted, the street wasn't a skating rink. Dan and I decided to go out Saturday night. He picked me up. We parked in the lot across the street from the bar. We got out, it was a bit treacherous but I was managing. We got to the street. It was fine. We got to the middle of the street - the median strip. He stepped on it and was fine. I took one step, lost my footing and first landed on my left knee, then on my hip. More embarrassed than hurt, I managed to get to my feet and scramble across the street before being hit by a car.

To add insult to injury, there was a drag show benefit happening at the bar. Bleh.

Dan and I left at about 12:30. I was dreading leaving the bar because I had to cross the street again. I made it without incident.

Tomorrow, freezing rain and ice is in the forecast. Bleh, again.

No comments: