Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I Have No Taste

File Under: I'm tired of being sick

I think I'm finally over the hump with this cold. I've not taken anything in a couple days and my lungs haven't seemed to gotten any worse. I can breathe through my nose again. I'm still stuffy and I know I sound like I've got a cold. I can deal with that. What I can't deal with and am really upset about is the fact that my sense of taste and smell are out of sync. This became evident yesterday morning when I arrived at Starbucks for my morning coffee. I tasted it and thought someone had just poured me a cup of brown water. The only thing I could taste was what tasted like sour milk.

This morning, I hoped things would be better. They were not. My coffee still tasted terrible. I like coffee and I particularly enjoy my morning cup of coffee. But I don't like it when it tastes like dirty bath water.

On the plus side, I haven't been very hungry. I love that a bowl of soup (which doesn't taste very good either) fills me up.

As for my sense of smell, the worst thing is the smell of cigarette smoke. It just smells like death and it repulses me. I live with a smoker so it's been a very challenging few days.

No comments: