Friday, June 13, 2008

Early to rise

File Under: At least Starbucks was open

My alarm went off at 4:10 this morning. I was dressed and out the door by 5:05 and at Starbucks by 5:09. By 5:12 I was back in the car and I got to work at 5:20. I was the first one to arrive at work.








Soon after, my coworkers arrived and we began by inflating helium balloons to do clusters to flank doorways. Then came the gold swirls that we hung from the ceiling in the cafeteria, the lobby and by the employee entrance. So at 6 this morning, on barely 3 sips of coffee I was climing up and down a ladder (which I don't like doing any time of day). In the end, the room looked nice. The cafeteria management brought in some great flower arrangements with yellow orchids and ferns. The linens were off white with gold runners and napkins.

By the time the party started, everything was in order and all I had to do was sit back and look pretty. I'm good at that.
















Although, it's difficult to look pretty shoving food in your face. I don't think I held onto my promise of eating $200 worth of food, but I did okay. I had a mini bagel with cream cheese and lox, 2 small sweet rolls, French toast, bacon and sausage, 3 glasses of juice and a cup of coffee.
























The party ended at about 8:30 and I went back to the cafeteria to swipe one of the flower arrangments. :) (actual camera phone picture! Nifty, huh?)










The remainder of the work day was uneventful. I actually got a decent amount of work done, but I ran out of steam at about 2 this afternoon. I managed to stay until 3 I came home and slept for 2 hours. I made the decision to skip the gym tonight.


I won't skip going out for drinks tonight. I've earned them! :)






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! That is a great picture for a camera phone. Nice flowers.