Monday, June 9, 2008

It's Gay Pride Month

File Under: Show Your Pride

I am very fortunate to live in a city with a large gay presence. Chicago is a very welcoming city, and the Lakeview neighborhood is the center of it all. A few years ago, rainbow spires were installed throughout the neighborhod, permanent markers that say "you are welcome here, you are respected."

Last evening I was out. The sky was clear, it was twilight and the spires were glowing. They looked beautiful. I was inspired to take this photograph.





Yes, that's Gnome up there. He's proud too.
Happy Gay Pride Month, everybody!







2 comments:

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Hey Jimbo!

I love the gnome and the chicago rainbow spires.... check out what's happening in VA and my blog!

Look forward to reading your's

Tom

Jimbo said...

Thanks, Tom! I appreciate your kind words and I look forward to reading your blog. From what I glanced at so far, I can tell it's going to be a good read. :)

Cheers!