Friday, August 15, 2008

Viva La Collective

File Under: Good morning, Dan!



(l-r: Polo, Tina, Luis, Denise, Jim)


Wow…check us out! This picture was taken Thursday August 14, 2008 at 7:00 pm. Cute, huh? We think so. Let me introduce you to The Collective (not The Covenant or The Cohorts).

Our mission is to help Dan celebrate his 40th Birthday in style and promote fun and festiveness (is that a word?) along the way.


Over the course of the next four days, Dan will be receiving envelopes. 40, to be exact. Each envelope will provide him with instructions or send him to do specific tasks. He will moan and gripe about it but The Collective is a powerful force and he will find that it is in his best interest to comply. Plus he may have some fun along the way. And that is what we’re all about, right?

The mission started this morning, Dan has received his first envelope about an hour ago. It read:

Good Morning, Dan!


Over the course of the next 4 days, you will receive 40 envelopes. YOUR mission, should you choose to accept (and you really don’t have a choice), will be to:
a) Follow the directions of every envelope
b) Ask no questions
c) Text The Collective should you find yourself at a destination with no envelope.


Love,
The Collective


So, stay tuned as I will do my best to provide updates as they happen.

And yes, this is why I blogged about envelopes. Did you really think that I had such a fascination with them? Who do I look like, Martha Stewart? Okay, perhaps a little.

Here’s to you, Dan. Have fun. I love you.

3 comments:

*~*Cece*~* said...

I just stumbled on your blog, what a fun birthday idea! I can't wait to read how it ends!

Joy said...

Let the games begin!! Creative and clever, Jim! This sounds like fun.

Angel said...

um...I seriously wanna live near you guys....you all have so much fun together! really.