Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Music

Music is important to me and certain songs mark events in my life. Other songs remind me of a season. It's summer and there are certain songs that I hear and they remind me of the season. Over the next few weeks I'll revisit some of those songs and tell you what they mean to me.



Today's song is a new song. It doesn't really evoke a memory yet, that just means it's ripe for the picking and at any point, a fun summer memory will be attached to it.



"Waking Up in Vegas" by Katy Perry has such a hook to it. The lyrics are clever and it reminds me of the fun, crazy adventures I've had in Vegas. Maybe I need to plan a trip to Vegas and have that be the song I associate with the trip. :)

"Get up and shake the glitter off your clothes now, that's what you get for waking up in Vegas..."

No comments: