Monday, July 7, 2008

OW!

File Under: My Left Foot

Perhaps it was the margaritas and purple slushy drinks that caused me to be a bit careless but I don't recall a stumble or misstep during our celebrating Friday night. However, I woke up Saturday morning with pain in my left ankle. I'm used to pain, to a certain extent. I've got ahthritis and disk issues in my lower back. I've got issues with my right wrist (thankfully it's been a while since it has acted up but I have a brace that I wear on it when it's really bothering me). Up until now, I've been okay with my feet. I limped around most of the weekend. I didn't let it keep me down, though it did slow me down.

Today I decided its tendonitis. I'll treat it the way one treats tendonitis (anti-inflamitory pain relievers) and ice and if it's not improved by the end of the week, I'll call the doctor, who will then tell me that I'm doing the right thing but to be patient.

I can't be patient. Anybody who knows me knows how much I like to walk everywhere.

3 comments:

Angel said...

"Issues with my right wrist"..are you right handed, by any chance? ;)

i know pain..it sucks

David Dust said...

I once woke up after a night of drinking - thinking I was going to get into the shower and go to work. It turned out that BOTH of my ankles were sprained, and my entire right foot/ankle was purple and really swollen. Needless to say, I didn't make it to work that day.

A similar thing happended to me after my first night of a 4-night trip to New Orleans. Woops!

And to this day I have NO earthly idea what happened (in either case)...

XOXOXO

Jimbo said...

I'm a lefty, Beth. LOL