Thursday, January 22, 2009

First CD Purchase of 2009

File Under: Music

I've just purchased my first CD of 2009. Well, I didn't exactly purchase a CD, I downloaded the tracks off of iTunes. And that CD is "Coco" - Colbie Caillat.

Okay, I'm kinda late to the game. It was released in 2007. I've been hearing her a lot lately and I'm enjoying her voice and her music. I decided to check out her website and was impressed with what I read. Every track on her album was co-written by her. She got her start by posting her songs on MySpace and her following grew from there. She's not an artist who came from some talent show, she's not at the mercy of some producer to deliver songs that she doesn't want to sing. This is what music should be about and I am all about supporting an artist who does their own thing.

Her song "Something Special" was featured at the beginning of the movie "Bride Wars." I recognized her voice when I heard the track and it has fast become a song that I'm listening to a lot, these days.

I hope you'll check her out and join me in supporting this talented young artist.

Here's video of Colbie performing her song "Something Special" at a holiday concert in December 2008. Quality isn't fantastic but she sounds good and has a nice stage presence.





Enjoy!

No comments: