Friday, December 26, 2008

Poor Rory!

File Under: Guilty Pleasures

I love the show "Gilmore Girls" and was sad when it went off the air. I thought the writing was brilliant, the pop culture references were sharp and fast, and the acting was great. I want to live in a town like Stars Hollow with all it's quirky residents and places to go.

This morning I was sorting laundry and found an episode being shown on ABC Family. Once I heard the theme music, I was hooked. Mind you, I can watch it any time, I have the entire series on DVD. But, to find it on TV was a treat. It was an episode from season 2 or 3. Rory apparently had just broken up with Dean and was so sad. She was having trouble relating to her friends and her mom.

Twice during the episode, I found myself near tears. I felt so bad for poor Rory. I wanted to hug her and tell her that I understand and that it'll be okay. I have never cried during an episode of the show, but this morning I was close. How pathetic am I? I'm laughing about it now.

I eventually got out of the house, made it to the laundromat, the book store (half-off calendars!) and The Gap ($21 pants!). Afterwards I hit the gym.

Now I may run to Target. I don't necessarily HAVE to run to Target but I'm drawn to it just because it's a big shopping day and I don't really feel like schleping out to Macy's. I still have $119 to spend on my Flex Spending account, which expires 12/31. First Aid kits for everybody!

4 comments:

Angel said...

I've never seen that show but I saw the woman that stars in it on "Ellen" and she was FUNNY!!!!!

and I am a walmart addict...I probably hit walmart 3-4 times a week!

Jimbo said...

Lauren Graham is very funny and also very beautiful. Schwing!

Angel said...

WHAT????!!!!! OMG! i LOVE you Jimbo!!!!

Jimbo said...

Aw heck, I probalby couldn't go thru with anything but She's got all the attributes I think are sexy in a woman. The combination of dark hair and light eyes, a great rack, and a fun personality. I think I'd enjoy being at a party with her, talking and drinking (with the occasional glance at her boobs.)