Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Day After

File Under: History is exhausting

Last night I watched election returns with Matthew. He cooked dinner, we had drinks and watched TV. It was nice watching history in the making with someone special. Since we both had to work today, I left at 1o. As I was crossing the street to go to my car he called to tell me that Obama had just been projected the winner. I arrived at home and watched TV while chatting with my online friends (shout out to QTS!). I finally went to bed at about 11:30.

Today at work, everybody was very quiet. I think so many people were exhausted but relieved at the outcome. I felt like I was just there, going through the motions. Today was one of those days where I needed to be in both buildings, so it was interesting to gauge the reactions at both buildings.

Today was also the fist day of Open Enrollment for benefits. I conducted my first two meetings this afternoon. Over the course of the next two weeks, I'll conduct another 15 meetings. My next one is at 7:30 am tomorrow morning.

Hmm...I guess I'd better go to bed.

2 comments:

Marker said...

Those of us on the other end of things appreciate open enrollment! Hope that helps?! :)

Jimbo said...

That was sweet and it does help. Thanks, Mark. :)