Sunday, November 9, 2008

Enough, already!

File Under: Rant

I have had it with our country's current administration and I can't stand what they've done to our country. We've become a laughing stock of other countries; from the policies and acts performed by the Bush administration, to the whole race for the White House. Was Palin really the most qualified of the Republican VP candidates who were "vetted?" I'm so glad that America woke up and smelled the coffee and elected Obama. Now I just pray that he delivers on his promises.

I'm quite thankful. I'm in an industry that for now is solid. I work in healthcare and so far, customers continue to come to us for their long term acute care needs. People still apply for work with us and I'm still paying people, so I'm busy. Meanwhile, so many people with whom I'm close are feeling the effects of the economy and are challenged by it now. I'm helpless because it's my nature to want to help, but there's not a damn thing I can do. I'm so angry about it. I want it to stop, I want this crap to be over. I want people to start spending money again. I want people to not fear that they're going to lose their home because they can't make the payments. I want people to buy cars so that our American auto workers can keep their jobs. I want these things now.

I guess we're about 2 and a half months from the new Presidental administration. I don't expect things to magically turn around on January 20, but I hope that people will decide that there is light at the end of this long, ugly tunnel and will be less afraid to spend some money or invest in the stock market.

In the mean time, I'm going to keep my friends, and others who are challenged by our economy in my thoughts.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Same here. I feel so relieved and hopeful, and doesn't that feel great for a change!

Angel said...

me too.